Robin Solomon Stevens
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Robin Solomon Stevens
First an explanation of my most recent experience and then my resume posted below:
• I am an action and results oriented contributor manager responsible for the conversion of Mervyns stores off Target systems and onto the new Mervyns network, eliminating all legacy applications enterprise-wide.
• Conversion occurred within an extremely tight timeframe of 9 months from contract signing through requirements gathering, development, testing, pilot testing and rollout by August deadline.
• Rollout of store systems includes new POS, handhelds/backoffice, signing and workforce scheduling software and hardware.
• Collaborating with IT and business partners, facilitating and troubleshooting data integration between store and HQ applications and ensuring store needs and data requirements are met and supported throughout the enterprise.
• My leadership competencies include advocating change, leveraging relationships and demonstrating ethical behavior.
• Relocating to New York City.
• Retail IT systems implementation management experience.
• Ownership of people, projects, budgets and results.
• Versatile leadership expertise in retail and B2C information technology and operations.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; organized, practical, responsible and passionate.
Senior Manager, IT, Store Systems
Mervyns, LLC, Hayward, CA, 2002 to present
• Leading the implementation, testing and roll-out of new POS, handheld scanner, signing and scheduling systems and deploying new hardware to 200 retail locations across the western United States; completely eliminating all legacy applications enterprise-wide.
• Analyzing business needs, improving business processes, supporting critical business strategies and ensuring end-user requirements are met.
• Drafting requirements definitions, finalizing design documents, managing configuration and custom modifications of software, conducting testing in a lab and pilot testing in stores, including issue resolution.
• Collaborating with other IT departments, store operations, stores, merchandising, distribution, advertising and finance systems and personnel to ensure system needs and data requirements are met and supported throughout the enterprise; serving as a store subject matter expert to other departments and as a cross-functional resource.
• Project management, vendor/contractor management and evaluation of applications and hardware for integration within the application suite.
• Working to ensure customer service levels are maintained in stores and working to improve customer impacting system constraints; providing on-site support during conversions; maintaining contact with stores, assisting with troubleshooting; conducting field training.
• Supporting call center as a subject matter expert.
Senior Manager/Acting Director, IT Operations
Excite@Home, Redwood City, CA, 2001 to 2002
• Managed staff of 25+ including technical managers, Oracle DBA’s and application developers responsible for development, maintenance and Tier IV production support of mission critical applications and databases, and analysts responsible for billing, reporting, customer data and data integrity.
• Promoted after 4 months to manage 3 groups working in 8 different functional areas.• Managed 10+ affiliate partner relationships accountable for 24x7 issue resolution.
• Managed the decommissioning of 2 billing platforms and 1 subscriber database platform; converted 1 million+ subscribers to partners’ systems; developed, tested and planned for remaining 3 million+ subscribers.
• Integral in planning and implementing the processes/procedures to convert 4 million+ customers for 10+ partners off the @Home network and onto partner networks during the final partner network transitions.
• Created high levels of customer satisfaction and quelled escalation of issues to senior management due to my organizational and interpersonal skills leading high-visibility, high-sensitivity, complex projects.
Regional Marketing Manager & Operations Manager
Charter Communications (formerly InterMedia Partners), Greenville, SC, 1999 to 2000
• Created and implemented strategic and tactical field marketing for consumer broadband Internet access business for 6+ cable systems, utilizing tactics including direct mail, print, television, radio, online, telemarketing, direct sales and events; expanded distribution channels; agency and vendor management.
• Managed and developed multiple local retail and B2B relationships including Circuit City and Best Buy.
• Developed local public relations strategies incorporating quarterly local radio show appearances.
• Developed corporate website for promotion and community exposure.
• Established community outreach via the @Mobile, a mobile cable modem demonstration unit; organized community events to demonstrate the service and increase subscriptions through direct sales to the consumer.
• Achieved growth of 450% and surpassed monthly quotas, utilizing an annual budget of less than $500,000.
• Increased penetration in serviceable footprint by 5% and doubled revenue per cable subscriber.
• Developed financial models to quantify marketing programs’ cost per sale.
• Developed and implemented training programs for call center representatives, field personnel and event staff.
• Managed call center relationships, focusing on Tier 1 sales, support and retention and Tier 2 escalations.
• Managed daily operations and implemented policies to improve installation completion rates, decrease service calls and ensure quality customer service, including managing 20+ employee cross-functional team of field operations, dispatchers, marketers and 2 contracting firms.
• Leveraged technical operations, customer care, direct sales and engineering to exceed subscriber goals.
Project Management Consultant
Infinity Info Systems Corporation for Bankers Trust, New York, NY, 1997 to 1998
• Managed multiple consulting projects on site, including project timelines, deadlines and deliverables.• Managed 6+ programmers and acted as liaison between consultants and clients.
• Created project planning documents, closeout documentation, training manuals and proposals.
• Trained clients on Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
SUCCESS Magazine, New York, NY, 1996 to 1997
• Developed and implemented strategic marketing plan for website content, functionality and brand extension.
• Designed and updated website, created content and coded in HTML.
• Managed vendors and partners in executing projects and troubleshooting website problems.
• Sold banner ads and implemented online subscriptions; turned the website into a revenue generating medium.
• Analyzed statistical data of website visitor activity; tripled website activity in less than 4 months.
Financial Management Consultant, Camp Dresser & McKee, Inc., Sarasota, FL, 1994 to 1996
Financial Analyst, General Electric Computer Service, Norcross, GA, 1993 to 1994
Marketing Specialist, Dynamic Media, Inc., Atlanta, GA, 1991 to 1993
Emory University, Atlanta, GA, May 1991, Bachelor of Arts, 3.43/4.00 GPA; Honors Graduate
Retail IT platforms including NSB Group Connected Retailer Store 6.0 POS and Sales Audit/Voucher Systems, JDA Software Group, RTC Group Mobile Wireless Solution and AccessVia Web DSign Shop signing system; Micosoft suite including Office, Power Point and Project.